How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has an EEA entry permit to come to the UK. She is only

Customer Question

My wife has an EEA entry permit to come to the UK. She is only able to come within the last few days of the 6 month period it is valid. Is there a limit to when she must have filed her papers in for a residency? She is american, I am norwegian.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



For how long was your wife's visa granted? I.e. what was the period it was issued for?


many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The Entry Permit was valid for 6 months.
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



I do not think this is a major issue, especially if your relationship is still subsisting. If asked by an Immigration Officer at the port of entry, she should explain her situation.


It seems that she will have to gain entry and then submit an application for an extension of her visa.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,