How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1991
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I am of Mauritian nationality and have an 8yr old son.

Customer Question

Hi, I am of Mauritian nationality and have an 8yr old son. I've been here since 1999, trained as a nurse and have been working since 2002. I've been on a work permit since and just over 4 1/2 yrs ago, I met my husband of British nationality. We lived together for 2 yrs and got married for just over 2 1/2 yrs. Since married, I've been on a spouse visa but we separated 3 months ago and my visa and son's visa are due to expire in May 2011. I understand it would be quite difficult to go back to a work permit with the point system. What's the best way forward?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

Are your currently working?


What qualifications do you have?


What work permit were you on previously?