How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1990
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi, am married to british national since 2001,i have leave

Customer Question

hi, am married to british national since 2001,i have leave to remain,i was told and got a letter from immigration that i could apply for a british passport later but i did not. now after 10 years i want to apply for a british passport, am i requred by law to do the life in uk test.
thanks jane
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Jane,


Can you confirm that you have held indefinite leave to remain for 10 years please.


If you have not please state how long you have held ILR.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Tom,

yes i have been married for 10 years and got my indfinite leave to remain in 2002.