How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11843
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband has become involved with an illegal immigrant.

Resolved Question:

My ex husband has become involved with an illegal immigrant. When they met she was on a student visa, this ran out 2 years ago and she has been living with him since then. He says he does not want to marry her but would like to sponser her to stay in the uk, is this possible, my family are very worried about the trouble he may get into if he goes down this route.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


The short answer is no he cannot sponsor her to remain in the UK.


If the woman in question is a person subject to imigration control, she would only be entitled to remain in the UK if she meets the requirements for Indefinite LEave to Remain or if she marries a person present and settled in the UK.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions