How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a woman 37yo from Brazil and my Hubby 42yo from Portugal.

Resolved Question:

I am a woman 37yo from Brazil and my Hubby 42yo from Portugal. We got married in Portugal last year (July). We live in UK and now I am waiting for my "visa" but I cant still live with this man because he hits me and put me down. I am under domestic violence. I like live in UK. What I have to do to not lose my visa when I get one? Please help me. Thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



What application did you make?


many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did EEA2
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Exactly wen did you make your application?


How long have you been in the UK?


Many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I made it on first time May 2009 on this time I was a partner of my husband. we were married in Portugal last on July but I just made the new application with marriage certificate about 3 weeks ago because he dont care about an now I am sick and need a surgery then I need as well make a application form f a doctor in UK I vahe one but my application in GP is provisional. I live here from Brazil since 10 Dec de 2008. Now I am here 2 years and 2 months.
Thanks for any help> I really need
Joseane Ferreira
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for the additional information.


If your application is granted, you will be issued with a residence permit which is valid for 5 years. At the end of the 5 years, you will have to make a further application, this is when you are likely to face problems as you will require your partners details to obtain permanent residence.


If at the end of the 5 years, your relationship is no longer subsisting and your partner had not exercised treaty rights in the UK for a period of at least 3 years, your application for permanent residence will be refused.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you