INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Hi. I am a Bulgarian national, holder of a Yellow Card confirming

Hi. I am a Bulgarian national, holder of a Yellow Card confirming I am a full-time student and allowing me to work up to 20 hours during term time and without a limit during holidays. I am thinking of working as an exotic dancer which means as a self-employed entertainer. From my understanding of HM codes and regulations with regards XXXXX XXXXX Accession countries, there should not be a problem. I want your confirmation, though, as the rules are quite complicated. Thanks in advance.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Are you proposing to work full-time?

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I am thinking of part time work, less than my 20hr per week allowance. I am confused, as I know you get the yellow card as either a full time student working part time or as a self employed person without limits, I think. Is there any restriction on the type of work you can do as a FT student (provided it is within the 20hrs)? Is it ok to be self employed while being a student under this yellow card?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi again,

Can you please answer my question? I first asked it 13 days ago and provided the clarification you asked for 7days ago. Please, I need to know the answer.

Thanks in advance.
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

I have checked and in order to be self-employed, you need to obtain a blue registrtaion card. The yellow registration card allows you to work as an employee. As a self-employed person, you will have to inform the UKBA of your change in circumstances and they should amend your Yellow Registration Card for you.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi again

So do I need to reapply for a Blue certificate or do I need to apply for a change to my current Yellow one? Sorry, I am confused. And who are UKBA?

Thanks
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

You will need to apply to change your yellow card so as it allows for self-employment.

The application will have to be made to the UKBA (UK Border Agency).

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I need to change my Yellow registration certificate, ok, I got that from your previous message. But do I:
a) apply for a Yellow certificate confirming I am a self-employed person OR
b) apply for a Blue certificate?

This is what I was asking in my previous question.
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

You will have to apply for a new Yellow Card.

Kind regards,