How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HI, i just want to ask about my daughters citizenship, my

Customer Question

HI, i just want to ask about my daughter's citizenship, my partner is a greek national, he's been here for 20 years now but he havent applied for british citizenship, and i just had my residence permit and my daughter last month. I am filipino. What i want to ask if IF my 10 months old baby is entitled for british citizenship under british law if she will apply through her father even though he is not british citizen but he is already settled here for 20 years now. And if my daughter can apply what form she needs and what documents she need to support her application. Me and my partner are not married yet but we already together for two years now. i hope you could help me. thank you and God bless!
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
if your partner has applied for and been granted residence status then your daughter will automatically be uk citizen but if not then you have to apply to register her as one - which you are entitled to do if you have indefinite leave to remain.

You will find the information you need here.