How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello i married a morrocan man, in morroco, i would like

Resolved Question:


i married a morrocan man, in morroco, i would like to know can i get married to him in london uk,and how to do this, i was born in london uk,will he have to still do the english .
lanuage test, as uk is part of the EEA, will he be classed as my family as he is my husband

Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Elaine,


Are you already married to him?



Customer: replied 6 years ago.



yes, islamic marriage, 16 april 2010,in morroco

Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Do you now wish to know how to arrange a visa so that he can come here, marry you and the settle permanently as your husband?


Customer: replied 6 years ago.



yes, so we can marry in the uk

Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.


He will have to apply for a fiance visa to the nearest UK embassy. This will permit him to travel to the UK to marry within 6 months of the date of the grant of the visa.



The eligibility criteria for a fiance visa is as follows and I have put suggested documents to enclose with the application in brackets:-



  • You plan to marry within 6 months of her arriving here (egg. statements from you and others, possibly a booking of a church/venue)
  • You plan to live permanently together here (statements, correspondence)
  • You have met each other before (eg. statements from you both and others, correspondence)
  • You can support each other without the need for public funds (bank statements, evidence of income, evidence of jobs available that your husband could do)
  • You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds (tenancy agreement, land registry docs if you your own home)
  • That neither of you are younger than 21 years of age. (birth certificates, passports)

He will, I'm afraid, have to pass and english language test showing he has a basic command of spoken and listening English. He can find out approved test providers in his area by contacting the UK embassy nearest to him.


You will need to apply for fiance/spouses visa using form VAF4 which is available for download from the UKBA website


You should consider instructing a immigration solicitor to prepare an application for you, it should cost around £800-1000+VAT.You can find local solicitors via:-


Once married you will have to apply for a spouses visa. This will be granted for two years and at the end of this he can then apply for indefinite leave to remain in the uk,


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,



Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you