How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my girlfriend of 5 years is colombian born but lives in spain

This answer was rated:

my girlfriend of 5 years is colombian born but lives in spain for the last 10 years..she has just recieved her spanish citizenship..can she live in the uk with me?I am a uk national.We intend on marrying soon also

Has she received her Spanish passport yet?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Tom


No she is expecting her spanish passport in march this year





Hi Campbell,


Thanks for your reply.


Right. Once she has received her Spanish passport she will be able to exercise her treaty rights as a Spanish citizen and travel without restriction in europe in teh same way that other EEA nationals do.

This includes a right to work within EEA member states, including UK, and settle there.


If this is useful please kindly click ac accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,



Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions