How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, my sister works in as a manager in a bank in Nigeria and

This answer was rated:

Hi, my sister works in as a manager in a bank in Nigeria and she would like to come into the uk to work. she has been to visit a couple of times but now she wants to work for a bit. I would like to know if she could come in under any of the new tier systems in place and what requirements she would need to satisfy.



I'm afraid Tier 1 applications to come and work without a sponsored employer are closed until further notice to applicants from outside the UK.


Tier 2 applications are still available. In order to apply she must have a job offer from an employed licensed to sponsor tier 2 workers. This means she will have to find an employer in the area where she is to work who is licensed by the UKBA and attain the requisite amount of points for this application.


All the information she needs is contained on the following site:-


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions