How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1990
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, i have unmarried visa with my partner and it expiring

Customer Question

Hello, i have unmarried visa with my partner and it expiring soon, we are not together anymore! what would happen if she get involved and helped me as if we still together? what is consequences she would face if anything went wrong with uk border agency?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Is there any other visa category that you can switch into?



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
not really, but we still together but we didn't live in the same place for few months! she is just worried that they might think that we are not together coz we don't live together any more, we are partners more than 4 years till now!!
just to let you know that we don't take any founds or benefits and we both have jobs,, and i have a good bank statements..
do they consider it as a criminal if they reject the application ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
and i have all the documents to apply for permanent residence

i was on temporary permission to stay in the United Kingdom and due to expire before the end of my qualifying period for permanent residence, i am extending my visa before applying for permanent residence. and i finished the proportional period but in my case coz i was late more than three months to enter the UK after the date of issuing my visa so i will apply for an extend to complete my two years proportional period which is the requirement period before applying to statement leave visa
plz advise
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my question is what is the circumstances of rejected application for both?
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Sorry, could you just confirm for the avoidance of doubt.


Are you still in a (loving) relationship with your partner?


Are you now living with them again, or are you still living apart?