How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1988
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Madam/Sr My mane is Karina, I have a question. what

Customer Question

Dear Madam/Sr

My mane is Karina, I have a question. what happen if I have applied for my settlement visa, and my husband is treating me and abusing? Do I can send this details to the Home Office even after my application? and if that is the case how can I do so. Thank a lot.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Karine,


You have applied for settlement on the basis of your marriage to your husband (a UK national or person with indefinite lease to remain in the UK).


He is abusing you and you are considering telling the UKBA


Do you still wish to be granted the settlement VISA?


Kind regards,



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I want my visa to be granted.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Are you currently in the UK?


Is your married relationship effectively at an end? Are you no longer living as man and wife?



Related UK Immigration Law Questions