How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Smith Your Own Question
Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith, Daniel Smith
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4035
Experience:  JustAnswer
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Daniel Smith is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if an individual that has been convicted and is serving half

Customer Question

if an individual that has been convicted and is serving half his sentence (9 months), and has been sent a letter of deportation-will he still be deported back to his country, when his mother is a british citizen and relies heavily on her son who is now serving his sentence. As well as the fact that the persons father was shot in his own country by terrorists and has been threatened to be killed as well if he goes back to his home country too? Eventhough these threats have been reported to the british police officers too? Because if that is so is that not against the Human Rights Law?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Daniel Smith replied 6 years ago.

If there is an order requiring that person to be deported - then they will be deported. Action would need to be taken to overturn the deportation order. I would strongly suggest that this person approached a solicitor with a view to doing this. If a solicitor cannot be afforded, then you should look to the Free Representation Unit (see for assistance free of charge. The FRU would assist in advocacy before the Court with a view to varying/appealing the Court's previous order requiring deportation.


Hope this helps.