How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I married a dominicain man in 2006 he got a 2 year spouse visa

Customer Question

I married a dominicain man in 2006 he got a 2 year spouse visa and on the 4 jan 2011 was given indefinite leave to remain in the uk, after he was given back is passport he took all his things and left me he said he married me to gain this visa .please advise me as to what can be done is this fraud .
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Have you spoken to the ukba about this at all?



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no this has only happened a few days ago and we are all in shock cant believe he has done this
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Yes, it's a despicable thing to do obviously.


S76 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum 2002 the secretary of state may revoke a person's indefinite leave to remain where it is proved that this has been obtained by deception.


You should report this in writing to the UKBA setting out who you are, who he is, using the reference for his ILR application it possible and stating what has happened. They may take action against him, or they may not depending on how busy they are - it's not easy to do this and they would have to find him first.


You should stress in writing to them that you believe this has been a deception from start to finish and that this was entirely pre-conceived for the purpose of securing his leave to remain in this country .YOu should state that they should take this in to account should he decide to attempt to apply for naturalisation in `12 months time as it speaks to his lack of good character which is a requirement to be naturalised.


If this si useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,



Related UK Immigration Law Questions