How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have always lived in uk, I have N.I. No. pay UK tax was educated

This answer was rated:

I have always lived in uk, I have N.I. No. pay UK tax was educated in uk, have only worked in UK. my mother and all siblings were born here - I just happened to be born in Italy and therefore have an italian /European passport. I have been living in Australia for the past 10 years and have now returned to UK to live. How do I go about getting a UK passport can I apply straight-away as I prefer not to renew my italian passport (have never lived there) - I also now have an Australian Passport - duel is ok with them too.



What is your date of birth?


Are both your parents UK Nationals?


Many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My date of birth is 23 09 51

My mother and all siblings, son and husband are all U.K. Born

My father was Italian.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi again,

Not sure if you still have my link with the above reply, (I have updated my paypal account so in a day or so I should be able to pay for some info - meanwhile please advise me on how to go about getting a uk passport in preference to the italian european passport I currently hold? I am also an Australian citizen now and have an australian passport.

Have my home here in uk, and have only ever lived in uk prior to the past 10 years interlude in Australia.



Thanks for the additional information.


If you were born before 1983 to a UK Mother, you are entitled to register for UK Citizenship by completeing Form UKM. Click on the following link for further details:


The alternative is to apply for an EEA residence permit and then subsequently apply for Naturalisation as a UK Citizen once you have completed a period of 5 years of lawful residence within the UK.


As an EEA National, you have no restrictions on you remaining in the UK for as long as you desire.


I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for that that is pretty much what I had understood from the info - I am unable to print out forms from my computer so how and where do I get the relevant Form UKM?

It seems the nearest contact address is Croydon, can I get forms from somewhere else or are you able to send me some ?



You will be able to obtain the forms from Croydon directly. Alternatively, I suggest you visit a local solicitor, OISC Legal Advosor or Citoizens Advice Bureau who should be able to provide you with a copy of the form.


I hope this helps.


Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for your help I will try to get the forms and see how we go

When my paypal account has been activated perhaps I can contact you by name via Jast Answer? is it just INC ?



My username is chatham-chamber


Many thanks,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions