How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1988
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi there, I am a Veterinarian from New Zealand currently

Customer Question

Hi there,

I am a Veterinarian from New Zealand currently working under the Tier 5 scheme. This visa expires in early July and we are currently looking at getting the Tier 1 highly skilled migrant visa via the points based system. We will have enough points, but I understand there has been some changes recently. What will be required to acheive the Tier 1 visa now? Will it still be possible? We are thinking of travelling out of the UK in early July and then quickly returning to the UK in order to return to New Zealand to complete our visa application. Are we allowed to return to the UK briefly (1 - 2 day) to change belongings and get a flight from a different airport if we can show a valid flight ticket to NZ? Will they allow this if it were to be a return flight?

Please help! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Dr M D Edwards
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m the Legal Category Moderator for JustAnswer. My job is to assist customers with pending questions for the Legal Experts here at JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.


Moderator, JustAnswer

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Fran,

Yes, if you can try and find a UK lawyer with experience in immigration - it would be much appreciated.



Related UK Immigration Law Questions