How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34236
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, Im from the EEC and my wife is from the Philippines, we

Resolved Question:

Hi, I'm from the EEC and my wife is from the Philippines, we have no children. We married 6 years ago in the Philippines and she entered the UK on a EU spouse visa.

We applied last September for a permanent residency in the UK and our application was approved last week. Our marriage has been difficult for some time, however, I was shocked when she demanded a divorce as soon as she got her passport back.
Is it possible to notify the immigration office to revoke our permanent residency since she is obviously cheating the system (and me for that matter)?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.
Hi - You can certainly notify the Border Agency - but they rarely do anything in these circumstances I am afraid. Claire
Clare and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you