How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34105
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi. My sister is about to leave from the UK to Australia tomorrow

Resolved Question:

Hi. My sister is about to leave from the UK to Australia tomorrow morning with her daughter and Australian Husband. The child is one year old and my sister wants a devorce from her husband but is worried the husband will fight for custody of thier child in Australia and accuse her of bieng an unfit mother in which she is not. He comes from a large rich family of lawyers who basically bully her and mentaly abuse her. The child has a UK and Australian passport, was born in Australia where they were also married. What rights does she have to remain in the UK and stay and proceed with the devorce proceedings in her home country? She is alone in Australia and for sure they will fight to take the child from her. I hope you can help our family with good advice in this desperate hour. My contact number in UK is XXXXXXXXXXX We are assuming at this point she MUST leave since for sure he will not allow her to stay in the UK. kind regards XXXXX XXXXX Family
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.
Hi - Have they just been here on holiday? Claire
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.
Hi - Then I am sorry but she will indeed have to return to Australia and deal with the issue of who the child should live with there. If she does not then her husband can apply to the courts here for the child to be returned and he will be successful. Claire
Clare and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions