How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11843
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend was picked up by immigration this morning and taken

Resolved Question:

A friend was picked up by immigration this morning and taken to the local police station to be interviewed, and was on his way to a detention centre when he called me,he entered the UK in 2003 on a student visa and had it extended to complete his studies, it expired in 2006, he did not return home when it expired. He is from Namibia.

Can you tell me what can be done to keep him in the UK and what the course of events will be.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Does he have any family or a partner in the UK?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No He has no Family or partner in the UK.
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for the additional information. I am afraid that having considered the additional information provided, there is very little he will be able to do if he has overstayed his previous permission in the UK.


As an overstayer, if he does not have any family in the UK, he is likely to be detained and removed if he has breached the previous conditions.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,



INC and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions