How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

the father is british and the mother is not can the mother

Resolved Question:

the father is british citizen and the mother an eu citizen(eea) can the mother apply for of the child british passport if the child is born after 2006 in the uk from none married parents.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
A child born in the uk when one parent is either a UK citizen or is settled here becomes a British citizen. So yes if the father is a uk citizen or the mother is settled here then the child is a UK citizen and can have a British passport
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you