Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

could i still work whilst i have applied for leave to remain

could i still work whilst i have applied for leave to remain even though my visa has expired
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
What visa have you got Did you apply for an extension before or after your leave ran out?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i came as a spouse and my two year visa has expiried but iam going to send my papers to apply for a leave to remain here.
Thanks. I am afraid that unless you are here as the spouse of an EEA citizen then if your leave has expired and you have not applied for an extension then technically you are now here illegally and have no right to work. If you apply before your leave runs out then your leave is automatically extended until the application is decided. Are you the spouse of an EEA citizen or a UK citizen or someone from outside the EEA?