How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1990
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My girlfriend/partner is a South African lady (aged 40).

Customer Question

My girlfriend/partner is a South African lady (aged 40). She has a South African passport but her son (aged 12) is a UK citizen with a british passport. His father was British but abandoned the family 10 years ago and is now untraceable. The boy is unable to reside in South Africa because despite all attempts the necessary paperwork cannot be completed because he was born in Belgium and has a UK passport. The son now wishes to live in England and the mother obviously wishes to be with him. How does she go about getting the necessary visa/residence?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.

My name is Francine, and I’m the Legal Category Moderator for JustAnswer. My job is to assist customers with pending questions for the Legal Experts here at JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am still waiting for an answer!
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.

I am sorry to have to report that I’ve been unable to find an expert who is able to answer your question.

Would you like me to process a refund for you, or would you prefer to leave the deposit in your JustAnswer account to be credited against a future question?


Moderator, JustAnswer
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Please make the refund. Thank you.