How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34131
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello! My friend from Melbourne Australia, Miss Doris Tackie,

This answer was rated:

Hello! My friend from Melbourne Australia, Miss Doris Tackie, was visiting her ex- Nanny
In Accra Ghana. She now finds it dificult to leave? To come to The Uk. To visit & stay with me. XXXXX XXXXX. From South Shields, Tyne & Wear. England. I am a British National & was born & bread in The Uk.
I sent money over for her flight! But? Now her contact a Mr John Carl, fom Accra Ghana. Is stating that she requires £4,000 to be allowed to leave Ghana. & For me to send the money over? It smells of a scam! But I am very concerned about Doris!
I Have been emailed an Document from Ghana Immigration Services, with Ref numbers
a D.P.Code BH 476768870090. Act Ref No(NNN) NNN-NNNNC
I.M. Name Doris Takie. Date 25/122010 With the Immigration Board Law in 1992
And that annyone traveling to the United States (Which she is not) must have an amount of at least £4,000 depending on the distance of one's destination.
If Doris was from Ghana I could understand such applications!
But she is an Australian National, who was just visiting Ghana. Then travelling on to The Uk!
I am very very worried & concerned! Could you please please!
Help with any information! I am so distraught! I Just don't know what to do?
Many thaks! As I am so worried for my friend!
Hi - I am sorry but this is a not uncommon scam and she does not require this sum. If she is having difficulties then she shoudl, of course, contact her embassy. Claire
Clare and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions