How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1988
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know some SPECIFIC information in regards to the

Customer Question

I need to know some SPECIFIC information in regards XXXXX XXXXX Investment under a UK ENTREPRENEUR VISA. I understand under this visa one is not allowed to invest in any "residential properties" however it is not very clear if they mean residential property for personal use or something else. I have the following options I am considering of Investment under this visa - and I need to know if each or all of them are allowed as valid "investments" for the purpose of fulfilling criteria for this kind of visa.

Here are my options and all of them will fulfil the min. £200k investment criteria + creation of 2 full time jobs and they will all be invested under a Limited Liability Company formation -

1) Buy 2 apartments in London and set them up as a short-letting / holiday apartment business where I rent them out of a daily or weekly basis to visitors coming to London. The apartments will be fully furnished and offer weekly cleaning service however there is no specific license required to do this. I would also create a website to make online bookings so it would be a properly run Business.

2) My second option would be to buy a commercial property such as a block of offices or retail space and simply rent it out to a Business. I would have no share or control in the business that the space is rented to but I will own the property itself.

3) My third option is to buy a freehold building and convert it into a Student housing block. I would get an HMO (hostel) license to run this business. For example - I buy a building with a potential to convert into 10 small studios/bedsits that will then be rented specifically to students attenting university in the local area.

As mentioned - I will invest in all the above properties under a limited liability company thus showing it as a business and create the 2 required jobs. Please let me know if all or any of the above options work - and if not then what kind of property can I specifically invest in ??

Thank You.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.


My name is Francine, and I’m the Legal Category Moderator for JustAnswer. My job is to assist customers with pending questions for the Legal Experts here at JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes of course I need an answer... I am waiting to hear from an expert....thnks.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.

I’ll try to find an Expert to assist you. When an expert responds, you will receive an email.

When you get a helpful answer, please remember to click on the green Accept button so that your expert gets paid for his work.

Thanks for your continued patience.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes i will accept answer once i get a decent reply

Related UK Immigration Law Questions