UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I had a B2 visa and it has been cancelled because I have been

Customer Question

I had a B2 visa and it has been cancelled because I have been banned from driving until April 2011 for a drink driving offence. I reapplied for my visa in November and it was refused but not permanently. I was told not to reapply in the near future. Could you advise me when it would be appropiate to reapply again.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 6 years ago.

You can reapply as many times as you wish.

You should wait 6 months before reapplying. You will have to go through the whole process (including interview) again.

Can I assist further?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I will be getting my driving licence back in April 2011.Do you think I would have a better chance of travelling to the US on a green waiver visa from April 2011 and then to reapply for a B2 visa in 12 months time maybe?

Thank you

XXXXX XXXXXle

If your visa has been cancelled I would not risk traveling on a waiver.

I am sure there system will alert that you have been cancelled. I would not travel unless you have a valid visa.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If I wait until I get my driving licence back in April 2011 and then apply to the US Embassy for permission to travel to US on a green waiver rather than apply straight away for a B2 visa do you think I would have a better chance of obtaining this?

Thank you

Yes, wait until you get your licence back.