How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1988
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My same sex partner lives in Northern Cyprus which is not recognised

Customer Question

My same sex partner lives in Northern Cyprus which is not recognised by many countries because of the Turkish invasion. He has only a northern Cypriot passport. He is reluctant to go to the British Consulate in Nicosia because he works for the police and if the information that he was applying to come as a potential civil partner to the UK was leaked back to the police he could suffer homophobic abuse. Is there a way of him applying directly to the UKBA for permission to come for a civil partnership, remain in the UK and work in due course. He studied management in university there, served in the army, worked for a bank and is now employed by the police in border control.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.


My name is Francine, and I’m the Legal Category Moderator for JustAnswer. My job is to assist customers with pending questions for the Legal Experts here at JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes please, I do still need an answer.<br /><br />I assumed I would probably get an answer on Monday.<br /><br />Dennis xxx
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.

Hello Dennis,

We cannot predict when there will be a reply. The experts are not site employees but answer questions here at their own convenience and in between their other personal and professional obligations. It doesn't help that the holidays are near at hand also.

That said, I’ll try to find an Expert to assist you. When an expert responds, you will receive an email.

When you get a helpful answer, please remember to click on the green Accept button so that your expert gets paid for his work.

Thanks for your continued patience.



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK thanks Fran
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.


I am sorry to have to report that I’ve been unable to find an expert who is able to answer your question.

Would you like me to process a refund for you, or would you prefer to leave the deposit in your JustAnswer account to be credited against a future question?


Moderator, JustAnswer

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
A refund would be good please.

Thanks for trying.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.

Sorry we couldn't assist you with your question. I have just processed a refund for you. Please allow your funding source 3 to 5 business days to do the processing on their end and to make it available to you.

Thanks for giving us a try.

Best holiday wishes,

Moderator, JustAnswer
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions