UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

Hello I have applied for the tier 1 Post study worker visa

Customer Question
Hello I have applied for the...
Hello

I have applied for the tier 1 Post study worker visa and they received my application for processing and after couple of months they sent me an email requesting more information regarding the process but I didn't see the email they sent until very late, like 20 days not responding then I got surprised that they sent me the immigration officers to arrest me but I wasn't at home they told my sister that I am illegal immigrant.
I replied the email after the officers raid asking about if can send the requested information they asked me for but the woman in the UKBA replied that my application for tier 1 now has been completed and I have to comply with the instructions of the arrest team to book a ticket and go back soon.
she said the the decision was made in line with the immigration rules.

What does all that mean and is it illegal not to respond to the immigration requesting documents for long time ?

and what can I do since I booked an appointment for voluntary departure.

thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
12/18/2010
Solicitor: Fran-mod,
 replied 6 years ago
Fran-mod

My name is Francine, and I’m the Legal Category Moderator for JustAnswer. My job is to assist customers with pending questions for the Legal Experts here at JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

Solicitor: Alice H, Solicitor Advocate replied 6 years ago
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate

Thank you for your question.

Please could you give me a little history about your case

1. When did you arrive in UK?

2. What type of visa?

3. When did the visa expire?

4. When did you make your application for post study visa?

5. What information did the UKBA request?

6. Why exactly did you not respond to their e-mail?

I arrived in the UK on the Jun 2006

I came as a student but I kept changing colleges

my visa has expired on 31 august 2010 I sent my application form the same day by courier service in Durham homeoffice but I got paper from them that they received my application dated 1/9/2010.

in November 2010 they requested previous certificates for other courses.

by the way the previous course I stopped attending it so I didnt get its certificate.

I only was applying for PSW tier 1 from other course I didnt inform the UKBA about it but was in the same period of the visa.

I didnt notice they sent me email.

thanks

Do you agree that at the moment your in the UK without a valid visa?

What are your personal circumstances? Are you married? Do you have any children? If so, where are they?

yes I was waiting there reply but now I am without a valid visa in the UK but I made application for voluntary departure and i will attend an interview soon, I am single and my brother is british doctor born in the UK I dont have children but my brother have one kid so I am an uncle of a british citizen.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Alice H
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate