How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is british n i have been married for 18years n i

Customer Question

My husband is british n i have been married for 18years n i have a son who will be 15 in feb 3 who has a right of abode i currently have a 2 years spouse visa n the marriage has broken down due to mental abuse n i have to work to pay for rent n so on even though i dont need to, the job was putting me in a position where i am at risk as a sex worker i have left home for 6 weeks and he has threatend not let me see my son again and to make me leave uk where n how could i seek advice and help will i be deported after my 2years spouse visa can i apply to extend my visa or an indefinate leave to remain will i ever see my son again and how can i do so.i am currently seperated for 6 weeks and i am staying at my own place which i rent i month ago i am able to support myself due to the income i am earning from my property which i rent in Kuala Lumpur malaysia my nationality is malaysian and my spouse visa was granted in british high com uk border agency in kuala lumpur on the 15/12/2009 will valid till the 15/03/2012.i am married in england and i have my marriage cert with me my son is currently schooling near where i use to live with my son has a right of abode in his malaysian passport and has express intrest to live in uk.will i be able to stay in england to see my son and will i be able to apply the indfinite live to remain in the uk.if so what and how can i apply a divorce and what will happen if i get a divorce will i be deported immediately and what will happen to my son will i see him again.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Have you been the victim of domestic violence?


Many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not in the uk but it happen while i was i Kuala Lumpur and yes police report was documented in kuala lumpuur malaysia but i dont know if i could find the copy of the report.I was in contact with him yesterday and he has threatend to completly put me in hell i was suppose to see him yesterday but in did not and he was very abusive.i ahve also spoken to the women support group and the Suffolk refugee centre in ipswich to 2 advisers and had them listen to recorded message from the place where i work as a sex worker before.Can u please give me some indication as to weather i could extend my visa just to see my son.I have also manage to see my son last saturday and he told me my husband is filing the divorce on me leaving home please advise as i dont really know how long and would i be deported if he report to the uk border agency thank you for your co operation
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



From the limited information you have provided above and without taking more detailed instructions, it seems you may be eligible to apply for discretionary leave to remain.


At this stage the best thing you can do is take whatever documents you have and go in to see a Solicitor or Immigration Legal Advisor for further advice and assitance.


If you can let me have your location, I may be able to popint you in the right direction.


I hope this helps. If so, kindly click acccept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,