How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HI Sir, good afternoon Iv got clarification regarding this

Resolved Question:

HI Sir, good afternoon I'v got clarification regarding this matter. I'm a senior carer since dec.2006 and my visa will end on Aug 2013, Can i apply for an ILR next year? I was planning to get the exam of life in UK also next year. Thank you so much in advance. Vilma
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



How long have you been in the UK?


When did you first arrive?


What Nationality are you?


Have you have any period of time in the UK where you have not had valid leave to remain?


Have all of your previous applications been in time?


Many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Dear sir,


I've been hear for 4 years exactly


I arrived in UK last December 11,2006.


I am a Philippine Nationality.


All through out years i've got a valid working visa.


i renew my visa before the expiry date



Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

Hi Vilma,


Thank you for the additional information.


If you have already been in the UK for a period of 4 years on some form of work Visa, you will be eligible to apply for ILR on the expiration of 5 years.


From the information you have provided above it would seem you would be eligible to apply for ILR next year. As this is the case, you will be required to do the Life in the UK Test.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you