How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How does a U.S. citizen immigrate to the U.K. I am 53 years

Resolved Question:

How does a U.S. citizen immigrate to the U.K.? I am 53 years old and unskilled.high school education with some college, no degree.
What if I married a U.K. citizen who wants to immigrate to the U.S.? While she's living in my country,I'll be living in her country. Beats being ACTUALLY being married!
This is just a very wild thought if somthing happens here in the U.S., like a coup or someother "Emergency". All that Republican talk of REVOLUTION has me spooked!!
Esspecially for a liberal left-wing atheist!!
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Where were you born?


Where were your parents born?



Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I was born in Dallas Texas


My father in Tulsa Oklahoma


My mother in Point Texas

Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



You obviously do not qualify for UK citizenship by virtue of your birth or descent.


Unless you have extremely high earnings in the last 12 months you do not appear to have the requisite number of points to apply for a workers visa.


If you could find a UK employer with a licence to sponsor workers under workers visa and they offered you a job which could not be filled by the existing workforce then you could conceivably apply for a skilled worker visa.


You could apply for a spouses visa if you married a UK national or person with leave to remain, but you would both have to settle here permanently. It would not work to have one go one way with the other going the other I'm afraid/


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards.




Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions