How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1990
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am from Belfast working in Dublin. My wife since 2006 wishes

Customer Question

I am from Belfast working in Dublin. My wife since 2006 wishes to see the British Museum in London. We filled in the Visitors Visa Application Form online. Got an appointment and went tp British Embassy in Dublin. The official demanded a bank statement and a letter from my wife's emmployer, neither of which she had been asked to bring. He told her to go and get these, apply online for another appointment and that if she presented her documents without these she would be refused, which scared the hell out of her. Had he any right to do so? We have already paid for return flights and hotels. It will not be possible to get another appointment and get a visa in time for the 16th. What can we do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 years ago.

Why does your wife need a visa? No visa is required between NI RoI and England for UK or RoI (european) citizens


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not currently live in Belfast. I live and work in Dublin. My spouse is Chinese. She has Stamp 4 status up to June at which time she can apply for permanent residence here. I have no doubt you are right and the practices normally carried on are not in keeping with EEA law whatever about UK law,especially since I qualify for dual citizenship. However that is a battle for another day, all I need at the moment is to have their normal practices adhered to without a self important officious and misinformed clerk overstepping his authority and and imposing extra conditions which cannot be fulfilled within the current time frame. By the way I have paid 85 euros for this visa which should be free to me in the first place.
Note I cannot talk to the embassy. They have a commercial firm to deal with queries which charges 12 euros a minute.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 years ago.
You didnt mention yr spouse being chinese. I am afraid I do not know the answer now.. J
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I find someone who can help
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 years ago.
The question is now open for all experts to answer but please dont reply to me or it comes back to my inbox. Thanks