How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1991
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My farther came to england at 19 as a british passport in the

Customer Question

My farther came to england at 19 as a british passport in the 60's, which he lost. he is know 71 and wants to visit Jamacia as his sister has just died, but does not have british citizen ship has he failed to apply at the time of introduction, and so is concerned if he leaves the uk he may have a problem returning. He has tried to obtain citizen ship but it has proved very difficult. Solicitors have requested records for long periods that he his not able to supply, has he has now retired. Alhough registered with a doctor since the 70's because he did not visit the doctor every year, it does not prove he has been in the country for all these years?, he has a pension here, a council house here,the tax office can not provide any info as it was recorded on paper, so again the info he has seems not to beenough. He needs to go to bury his sister but he has poor heath so if goes and can not return, this will be disaterous. What can he do? he has 3 daughters all born in the uk and 5 grandchildren so we are concerned about his wishes to travel.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.


My name is Francine, and I’m the Legal Category Moderator for JustAnswer. My job is to assist customers with pending questions for the Legal Experts here at JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes please we require an answer from an expert.

many thanks



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Other
I have not received an answer please refund my money.
thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p>Still awaiting refund, as no one ans my question</p><p>Many thanks</p><p> </p><p>Lorraine xxxxxxxx</p>
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.

Sorry we were not able to assist you with this question. I have processed your refund. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for your funding sourche to make it available to you.

Thanks for giving us a try.

Best holiday wishes,

Moderator, JustAnswer