How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, For my tier 1 visa application to UK, I need to provide

Resolved Question:


For my tier 1 visa application to UK, I need to provide my bank statement for the last 12 months.
Do I have to translate the bank statement if its in a language other than English?

Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Yassire

Thanks for your question.


Yes, you will have to translate these in to english in order that they can be read by the UKBA. If your bank is an international bank they should be able to do this for you and certify that the statements are an exact translation of the originals.

If the bank will not do this for you then you should contact then you will have to have these professional translated by a translation company who will then certify them. You should then take these back to your bank and ask that they also certify that the statements are a correct translated version of the original accounts.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions