How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if granted permission to marry a uk citizen, while on a marriage

This answer was rated:

if granted permission to marry a uk citizen, while on a marriage visa can a Bangladeshi citizen then travel freely during the 27 months probation period. ie. will he be able to visit his home country during the probation period



Can you confirm that the person is question is on a spouses visa at this moment in time?



Customer: replied 7 years ago.


We have applied for permission to marry, and then I understand that once married we need to apply for a spouse's visa for him, but I just wanted to know if, while on a spouse's visa would he be able to travel, for example to his country for a short holiday, and then return to the UK.




Right, yes - you can travel to other countries and re-enter once you have received a spouses visa. There is no prohibition on traveling per se but you should not be out of the country for more than 90 days in any one year, otherwise it will affect your ability to apply for ILR after you have otherwise completed the requisite period of residency in this country.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will b gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,



Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you