CharlotteSJ
CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.
32200768

I have an entry clearance appeal for our nanny who was refused

Customer Question

I have an entry clearance appeal for our nanny who was refused entry because she had got the date of the start of her employment wrong on the online application. However, she had an employment contract showing that the correct date. What further evidence would you suggest to satisfy the rules.
Submitted: 7 years ago via InBrief.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 7 years ago.

If the date was correctly included in the evidence accompanying the application then I believe that you should be successful at appeal (assuming this was the only reason for refusal), Just ensure that you provide the original of this again and highlight to the judge that it was a typing error rather than a deliberate attempt at deceit. This shouldn't be difficult if the evidence points to the correct date. If you want, get a letter from the employer clarifying the start date but there is not really anything else you can provide since it was a human error.

I hope this answers your question in which case please Accept. If you require anything further, please ask.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX contract and the employers undertakng all showed the correct date.
In their bundle, they are now trying to imply that because of the error (apparent discreapancy) between the date on application and the other documents, they could not be satisfied.'.working under roof as employer for one year prior to application. Got any ideas on what the rules actually say on this and any further evidence I may need to show this.

If the Home Office are taking issue with the fact they are now not satisfied that her employment was genuine then possible solutions to this are getting further written evidence from the Employer confirming the employment in more detail or even seeing whether the employer would be willing to attend court as a witness. The Home Office would struggle to argue that the employment wasn't genuine if the Employer is there in person giving evidence as to the duration of the employment and details.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you have any tips on what the employer needs to include in their statements?