How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CharlotteSJ Your Own Question
CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
CharlotteSJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How easy is it to marry my Brazilian girlfriend if weve only

Resolved Question:

How easy is it to marry my Brazilian girlfriend if we've only known each other a few weeks. I am British. She is in the UK on a student visa and has more than 3 months remaining. We've sent off the approval for marriage form and are planning to move in together shortly. What problems could we encounter?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 7 years ago.

Given that your relationship is fairly new, the Home Office could have doubts about it's authenticity. However if you have submitted your certificate of approval applications, all you can really do is wait for the outcome.


If the Home Office have any doubts, it is likely to be on the basis that they may try and suggest that she is simply marrying you to stay in the country. However as long as you can show that you have a genuine relationship (they may request further relationship evidence from you in terms of affidavits or statements of support from friends and family), you should be fine. The CoA will obviously not give her permission to remain here, if it is granted all it will do is allow you to marry. She will then have to apply for a spouses visa before the expiry of her current student visa.


I hope this answers your question in which case please Accept. If you require anything further, please ask.

CharlotteSJ and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions