How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Yvonne Stevens Your Own Question
Yvonne Stevens
Yvonne Stevens, Immigration Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 6
Experience:  LLB. Hons.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Yvonne Stevens is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi my partner has submitted her leave to remain and work visa

Customer Question

Hi my partner has submitted her leave to remain and work visa to the home office 2 weeks ago.
We've bought flights back to USA(as she's american) to celebrate her 40th bday there but the home office have said that they can't speed her application as it's not considered urgent. So we are not abel to travel then
Is there anyway we can prompt the Home office to speed this process?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Yvonne Stevens replied 7 years ago.



Dear Madam


Unfortunately, you will not be able to get the Home Office to speed up the process to consider the application. You will have to wait for them to make a decision on the application before you will be able to travel.


Sorry I could not provide a more positive response.





Related UK Immigration Law Questions