How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

came to uk from south africa in 03/2006 on a working holiday

Resolved Question:

came to uk from south africa in 03/2006 on a working holiday visa which expired in 03/2007, innitially i was going to leave but i didn't because i was pregnant. i had my first daughter in 10/2007 and the second on 11/2008, life is becoming a bit uncomfortable because my partner (also illegal, has been here since 2002) is unemployed and my wages is not always enough to keep us going each month. are we eligible for discretionary leave to remain, so that we can get our lives order we are not interested in claiming benefits we just want to work legally. I can provide more information on my situation if it is needed. <br /> <br />please contact me via email- <br />Thank you.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


From the limited information you have provided above, if you and your partner are both in the UK illegally and you have had two children since 2007, this is not a ground to obtain discretionary leave to remain.


As both you and your partner are in the UK illegally, the likely scenario would be that you would all be required to leave the UK.


If you are on a limited income, I would suggest you contact the Immigration Advisory Service (IAS) on: 0844(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong>


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you