How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im getting married to peruvian in US. Im from lithuania an

Customer Question

I'm getting married to peruvian in US. I'm from lithuania and living already 5 yeas in UK. We would like to live in UK both. will he have work permit and how long it will take to make all paper work?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.


Thanks for your question.


She would have to apply for EEA family permit before coming to the UK. She would have to apply using form EEA2 to the nearest British Embassy to where she is at the time of making the application. It is valid for 5 years and endorsed in her passport.


She must provide a valid passport and evidence that you are married. YOu can download the form from the UKBA website.


Applications are aimed to be processed by the UKBA within 2-3 months of the application being made, but there is quite a bit of tolreance in this as it depends on how busy the UKBA are at the time and whether they find grounds to object to the application itself.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,