Yvonne Stevens
Yvonne Stevens, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  LLB. Hons.
37195865

i lost my idefinite leave to remain document. how can i recover

Customer Question

i lost my idefinite leave to remain document. how can i recover a new one?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 7 years ago.

My name is Francine, and I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question!

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to require an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully
4. the question price you selected is too low for the complexity of the question

Please feel free to re-word your question or increase the price if you feel that may be the reason. Of course you are not required to increase the price. :)

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,

Fran
JustAnswer Moderator

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I LOST MY INDEFINTE LEAVE TO REMAIN FROM THE HOME OFFICE GAVE ME, I MADE A POLICE REPORT BUT I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO REPLACE MY LOST ONE. I HOPE YOU CAN HELP WITH THAT.
THANKS.
SAFIA
Expert:  Yvonne Stevens replied 7 years ago.

Dear Safia

It can be difficult to get the Home Office to re- issue new status letters if you have lost the original. I suggest that you request a subject access review of your home office file to prove that the status letter was sent to you. If the letter is on their file then you could ask that they replace it or ask that your passport is endorsed with your leave. The subject access request cost £10 and you need to provide you passport photograph, evidence of your current address and utility bill. I would try getting a copy of your file first and take it from there.

Hope this is of use.

Regards

Yvonne

Yvonne Stevens, Immigration Solicitor
Experience: LLB. Hons.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP IT WAS VERY HELPFUL. I GOT passport photograph AND EVIDENCE OF ADDRESS AND utility bill,I WILL PAY ANY COST IT WILL COST IF YOU TELL ME WHAT TO DO.THANKS
SAFIA
Expert:  Yvonne Stevens replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying £3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.