How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11843
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear sir/madam I came here in UK on 21/11/2005 came as a student

This answer was rated:

Dear sir/madam I came here in UK on 21/11/2005 came as a student nurse for doing my nursing adaptation ,changed to work permit as a nurse on 30/4/2007,I heard that student nurse coming for doing adaptation may apply for residence permit in five years.I got my current work permit until September 2012.Is there any chance to apply for residence permit this year.
I renewed my passport as the previous one expired ,wether i need to submit my previous expired passport for aplying for residence permitt because I lost my old expired passport

Does your new passport not have any visas stamped into it?

Many thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
dear sir
yes my current work permit/visa is stamped on my new passport.I have the current visa until September .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I would like to know weather I can apply for residence permit this year if so how can I apply -thanks



From the information you have provided above, and without seeing any of your documents, it would seem that you may be eligible to apply for ILR in November this year.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions