How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1991
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When I applied for a visa to join my husband in the UK - I

Customer Question

When I applied for a visa to join my husband in the UK - I was given a Spouse visa - even though he is a full British citizen (resident in the UK) and at the time of the visa application we had been married for more than 5 years - should I not have automatically received indefinite leave to remain in the UK - and if so how do I go about rectifying this error
Thank you
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.


Can I ask - where had you been living together prior to coming to the UK? Or had you not?


Kind regards,