How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CharlotteSJ Your Own Question
CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
CharlotteSJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need help from an immigration lawyer...if my company is spon

Customer Question

Need help from an immigration lawyer...if my company is sponsoring me for a job in the UK and helping me get my work permit, will the UK do a background check and if so what happens if you have a DUI?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 7 years ago.

You will have to declare any criminal convictions you have on the application form for your leave to enter even if you manage to get a work permit license first. The Home Office will take these into account however they will look at the specifics of the conviction including how long ago it was and whether you have had any convictions since. It's not an automatic bar to getting a work permit however it will be taken into consideration.


I hope this answers your question in which case please Accept. If you require anything further, please ask.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi thank you for this. I understand I need to declare it on the form, but just curious if they actually do run a background check?

Related UK Immigration Law Questions