How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I am an Irish citizen live and work in uk .I have a 6 months

Customer Question

Hi I am an Irish citizen live and work in uk .I have a 6 months old daughter who born in Bangladesh but also hold an Irish citizen . What paper work do I need to travel to uk without the mother ? Your advice would be appriciated .regArds mo
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Does your daughter have an Irish Passport?


Do you have full parental responsibility for the child?


Are you travelling to the UK for a holiday or to live here?


Many thanks,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi sir

My daughter has an Irish passport.

My wife and myself have joint parental control.

My wife is remaining in bandladesh to pusue here career as a lecture in environment science.

We are coming to the uk to live for a year or two as our daughter suffers badly from pneumonia and we don't feel there is adequate health care in Bangladesh.

I hope this is of benifit.

Regards ,

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



If your daughter has an Irish Passport and your wife is remaining in Bangladesh, you will be able to travel to England as EU Nationals and live in the UK for as long as you wish.


It may help by obtaining a Statutory Declaration from your wife which states that she has no objection to you and your daughter moving to England. Although, this is not necessary.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,