Paul Richmond
Paul Richmond, Barrister
Experience:  LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
39918989

hi i applied for tier 1 visa after my graduation but the applicat

hi i applied for tier 1 visa after my graduation but the application was refused because i mis calculated the number of mnths for which i had to give my bank statement. but they have sent me I AFT 1 FORM can i re appeal
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Paul Richmond replied 7 years ago.

Thank-you for your question. Yes, you can appeal against the decision of the Home Office to refuse to grant you a Tier 1 visa. I have represented many individuals in a similar situation to yourself and won their appeals.

It sounds like you may have a strong appeal in view of a recent decision from the Court of Appeal which, in outline, states that the only maintenance requirement that needs to be satisifed by Points Based System applicants is the requirement set out in the Immigration Rules and not that contained in the Policy Guidance. In practice this means that so long as you can show that you had sufficient funds (as stipulated in the Rules) at the date of application then it doesn't matter that you didn't provide bank statements for the required number of months (as stipulated in the Guidance).

You would be well advised to instruct a specialist immigration lawyer to assist you to prepare your appeal and represent you in court.

I hope this answers your question. Please kindly click ACCEPT so that I may be rewarded for my time. Thank-you.