How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Paul Richmond Your Own Question
Paul Richmond
Paul Richmond, Barrister
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 138
Experience:  LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Paul Richmond is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi my mom has applied for a family visa to visit me in the

Customer Question

hi my mom has applied for a family visa to visit me in the UK as I'm pregnant (1st baby) due in August and I need her to come over and help me. However, she was refused because we didn't supply original documents for my sponsorship(payslips, banks statements, etc..) and she didn't provide proof of income. We have the right to appeal but I need help filling the application form.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Paul Richmond replied 7 years ago.

There are many specialist immigration lawyers in the United Kingdom who can help you complete the appeal form, prepare the evidence that you will need to submit at the appeal hearing and also represent your mother at her appeal hearing. You can choose one of 3 types of immigration lawyers: (i) a solicitor; (ii) an OISC approved legal representative; or (iii) a specialist immigration barrister. The fees charged by legal representatives and the quality of legal representation varies so you should shop around. For example, (i) and (ii) will often charge you to prepare the appeal and then charge you again for a barrister to represent you at court, so it may be worth considering instructing (iii) to do all the work in the first place - then you will only pay one legal fee. Immigration barristers are also often able to offer lower fees because they are self-employed and have lower overheads.


Please kindly click ACCEPT so that I may be rewarded for my time. I will then be happy to answer any follow up questions that you might have. Thank-you.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions