How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know what to do now. I applied British Citizenship

Customer Question

I would like to know what to do now.
I applied British Citizenship application on 01/06/2010 and has been refused today. As I got motor conviction offence DR10 on 01/08/2006. I paid £200 fines and get 1 year driving disqulification at that time. But I failed to declare it as I thought my case has been closed after disqualification period. Now they reply me that I cant apply for next 10 year. What should I do? Is there any chance for me?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 7 years ago.
You can appeal the decision - however you would need to show there has been an error in procedure or that the decision taken was wholly unreasonable.

Based on the fact you failed to disclose a conviction - my view is that you would unsuccessful.

I know this is not the answer you wanted, but based on what you have said I consider this to be your position.