How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a NHS doctor on tier1 dependant visa and my husband is

Resolved Question:

I am a NHS doctor on tier1 dependant visa and my husband is a doctor as well.My question is can i apply for a visa on an independent category as we plan to seperate.We are seperating amicably and he is willing to apply for ILR on my behalf for which we shall be eligible in a years time,is it possible for him to apply for me even if i am living on a different address from him
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



If you and your husband seperate and you are a dependant of your husband's, I am afraid you would then have to return to your home country.


If you wish to remain in the UK, you will have to obtain permission to remain in the UK on your own merit.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions