UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

My mother in law and her sister and daughter are coming from…

Customer Question
My mother in law and...
My mother in law and her sister and daughter are coming from brazil to visit myself and my wife. I am a british national and my wife is brazilian with permanent leave to stay here.
They are attending our daughters 5th birthday party. What should i put in the letter to ensure they enter the country easily
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
6/28/2010
Solicitor: Thomas, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor

Thanks for your question. Can you just clarify why you think they need to apply for a visa and whether they are normally/legally living in Brazil please

Kind regards,

Tom

I never mentioned visas. They normally and legally live in brazil and are coming here for a period of two weeks to visit family/enjoy a holiday

Okay, you mentioned a letter of invitation and I assumed you thought this was necessary for the purpose of obtaining a visa.

Why do you think you have to draft a letter?

Kind regards,

Tom

Customs can refuse entry and i want to make every effort for this not to happen
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Relist: I didn't need advice on visas. .
I didn't need advice on visas.
Solicitor: CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor replied 8 years ago
CharlotteSJ
CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor

Please can you clarify exactly what you wanted advice on then?

Thank you

I'm sorry but if you think Uk customs "will only consider refusal if the persons wishing to enter the UK have a criminal records"

You have no real knowledge of what goes on at heathrow airport on a regular basis.

I have heard many stories from people i actually know getting mistreated - kept and interrogated, families split up and not even fed for hours. This is my worry as my brazilian family do not speak english.

Your advice "if you wish to play it safe then they can apply to the British Embassy in Brazil for a visa prior to visiting"

Is of no use to me as i explained previously.

I shall not be paying you a penny for irrelevant advice

I found out more from goverment websites and much quicker too.