UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

can an illegal immigrant with 2 kids be adopted in the uk…

Customer Question
can an illegal immigrant with...
can an illegal immigrant with 2 kids be adopted in the uk
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/25/2010
Solicitor: Thomas, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor

Do you mean can an illegal immigrant obtain British Citizenship?

What nationality are the children, are they British?

Kind regards,

Tom

The kids are not british but they both are born in UK, their mother is 22 years old. Can they all be adopted by their uncle who is british ?

Is the mother illegally in the UK and if so how long has she been here?

Kind regards,

Tom

The mother is illegal in the UK and she has been for 4 years now.

Right. What about the father's status, is he around?

Kind regards,

Tom

NO, They no more together, she doesn't knw about his whereabout.

They will be the nationality of their mother I'm afraid. The fact that they were born in this country changes little in that regard regrettably.

Were the uncle to attempt to adopt the children then as part of the adoption process the nationality & immigration status of the children and that of the mother would be revealed and this would likely lead to deportation I'm afraid.

It's obviously a hugely difficult situation but until the mother obtains a legal immigration status in the Country then there is very little in the way of options other than returning to the home country of the mother or attempting to stay here for the the fourteen years required in order for an illegal immigrant to obtain indefinite leave to remain.

Sorry it could not be better news, if this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

so wat u are saying now is that under the adoption rules, they not be adopted?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.